Destination Home LLC is your source for Independent Living Specialists in greater Cincinnati. Our team of occupational therapists receives ongoing and advanced training specializing us to help you live independently at home. Our team at Destination Home LLC specialize in home assessments, living environment modifications, and geriatrics
About the Founder
Marnie conducts certified continuing education seminars nationally on various topics including: home modifications, fall prevention and assistive technology.
Marnie is dedicated to helping people live safely at home today and tomorrow. Through her volunteer work, she developed a home modification assessment tool for People Working Cooperatively as they launched their mobility program. Marnie is a founding Board member of Hearth, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing education to the community. The mission to to Educate and Empower people to make decisions about their life including estate planning, legal issues, insurance coverage and community resources.
Currently Marnie is a Adjunct Professor for the Xavier University Masters Occupational Therapy program. She is teaching Occupational Therapy students how to use assistive technology to improve client life participation. She is actively involved with a innovative collaboration between Xavier University and local community resources (People Working Cooperatively, Council on Aging, Department of Disabilities Services and LADD) to provide coordinated home modifications between agencies.
Marnie graduated from Lafayette College with a B.A. in Psychobiology and from Springfield College with a Master of Education of Occupational Therapy. She is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist through the National Association of Home Builders.
Marnie has personal experience in home remodeling that further enhances her ability to generate creative and innovative solutions to help her clients live at home safely.
Marnie is married and has 3 children ages 7, 5 and 1. Her hobbies include running, biking, gardening and spending time with family and friends.Education:
- Lafayette College-BA Psychobiology
- Springfield College- Masters of Education of Occupational Therapy
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Florida
- Registered Occupational Therapist with the National Board Certification of Occupational Therapy
- Certified Aging In Place Specialist
- Executive Certificate in Home Modification
- Matter of Balance Master Trainer
- Clinical Advisory Committee for the SouthWestern Chapter of the National MS Society
- Board Member of the TriState Parkinson’s Association
- Founder and board member of HEARTH: Professionals for Independent Living
- World Federation Of Occupational Therapists
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Ohio Occupational Therapy Association
- Healthcare Friends Network
- Hamilton County Fall Prevention Task Force
- Everything Eldercare
- Association of Professionals in Aging
- Cincinnati Senior Connection