Gerontechnology: Assistive Technology That Will Change Patient Care
Gerontechnology is defined as the technology designed for elders to enable them to function at the highest possible level. Technology is playing a more significant role in our lives and the lives of our patients. With each day, new technology is being developed and becoming available in the market that will revolutionalize how we conduct our treatment. As healthcare practitioners, it is essential that we are aware of the new technology and can identify those products that will help create better outcomes for our patients.
A one day course is being offered through Cross Country Education. The course objectives are as follows:
- Discuss the current and future technology available for clients with illness including COPD, CAD, arthritis, diabetes and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Examine the impact of technology on healthcare for clients living at home.
- Understand the trends in healthcare and associated costs influencing treatment options.
- Learn how to access gerontechnology products to enhance symptoms management and clinical outcomes.
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the current legislation effecting gerontechnology and therapy.
Current dates include:
- March 9, 2011: St Louis, MO
- March 10, 2011: Kansas City, MO
- March 11, 2011: Wichitia, KS